San Francisco metallers DEATH ANGEL have finished mastering their new…
The music of Greek guitarist Gus G. (real name: Kostas Karamitroudis) and his band FIREWIND can be described as melodic, soaring and punishing — in short, metal masterpieces. But just as Gus is shaping the bleeding edge of metal, he is deeply passionate about its roots, as evidenced by his scoring the coveted gig as guitarist for OZZY OSBOURNE.
For years, the BBE Green Screamer was Gus‘ overdrive pedal of choice. But working closely with BBE‘s legendary mastermind Paul Gagon, Gus has now dialed in his tone still more, for solos that power his vision for the modern metal realm.
“BBE‘s Green Screamer is the one pedal I always had to have with me,” says Gus. “When I’m soloing, the Green Screamer gives me that extra kick I need, a great combination of meaty gain and harmonics that drive my amp’s tubes harder for a really thick, punishing tone. But it’s not just an old-school wall of distortion. It’s complex and sophisticated, never ragged.
“The Green Screamer was working great for me, but I had ideas about how to make it even better for my tone. Paul Gagon and I collaborated and we modified the input driver to the distortion circuit so that more lower-mid harmonics are focused where I want them. Now my new G Screamer pedal lets me drive even more harmonics, and they’re focused right where I need them to be for a cleaner, tighter distortion. The G Screamer delivers explosive power with precision. It’s my new weapon.”
* Gain, level and tone controls
* Modified classic sequential-diode distortion circuit for focused tone
* 1MEG Ohms input impedance for proper pickup loading
* 10K Ohms output impedance when engaged
* 1% metal-film resistors for consistency
* High-voltage poly caps for better tone
* Military-spec circuit board for reliability
* Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
* Easy access battery compartment
* True hardwire bypass
* 5-year warranty