MACHINE HEAD frontman Robb Flynn‘s latest installment of his online blog, “The General Journals: Diary Of A Frontman… And Other Ramblings – Life Affirming”, reads as follows:
“Congratulations to AVENGED SEVENFOLD on their latest ‘covers album’ coming in at #1.
“Who knew that re-recording METALLICA, GUNS N’ ROSES and MEGADETH songs could be such a worldwide hit!!?? Ba-dap Psssssss!!
“I’m on fire!!
“In case you’ve been living under a rock, AVENGED came in at #1 in multiple countries throughout the world. I’m happy for them. Good band. And while I like the new record, and really dug the last record ‘Nightmare‘, hopefully we’re all coming down from our post-orgasmic #1-album-bliss, because it’s time to call a spade a spade!! It’s time to poke a little fun at A7X, cause there’s some blatant jackery goin’ on there wiggas!!
“So here are my top 10 jokes about the new AVENGED SEVENFOLD record:
10) AVENGED SEVENFOLD – ‘Now with even MORE METALLICA‘
9) AVENGED SEVENFOLD to change name to “SAD BUT TWO”
“Number of ‘spurting penises’ drawn on AVENGED logos suddenly skyrockets
7) Eyeliner sales skyrocket as thousands of heartbroken goth girls realize ‘Hail To The King‘ is actually ‘that ugly AC/DC band’s song ‘Thunderstruck‘.’
6) After hearing ‘Heretic‘, Dave Mustaine flips out, blames Obama, METALLICA and UFOs for the A7X stealing ‘Symphony Of Destruction‘.
5) After seeing how much success the band BUSH had stealing other band names for song titles, A7X decided to steal ‘In Flames’ for latest chorus. Future chorus lyrics include ‘Tr-vi-um’ and ‘Kill-switch En-gage’
4) Upon hearing latest album, Lars Ulrich goes all gangsta, breaks bottle of Dom Perignon on M. Shadows head, while his 11ft girlfriend put Shadows in headlock, as he screams in Shadows’ face, ‘You’re gonna rip off ‘St. Anger‘ next right, HUH? You’re gonna rip off ‘St Anger’ NEXT RIGHT? HUH, HUH, HUH!!”
3) ‘Black album’ sales skyrocket as fans realize where new songs came from.
2) After hearing AVENGED‘s GUNS N’ ROSES cover ‘Doing Time‘, Axl actually calls Slash, says, ‘Dude, what the fuck?!’
1) And the #1 joke about the new AVENGED SEVENFOLD album: AVENGED SEVENFOLD release statement that they’re NOT ripping off METALLICA, announce side project with Lou Reed.
AVENGED SEVENFOLD’s “Sad But True” soundalike song “This Means War” can be streamed below.
Dr. Abner Mality of Wormwood Chronicles webzine recently conducted an interview with Philip Anselmo (DOWN, PANTERA) about the upcomingHousecore Horror Film Festival, the singer’s lifelong love affair with horror and his upcoming solo album. A few excerpts from the chat follow below.
Wormwood Chronicles: Putting something like [the Housecore Horror Film Festival] together cannot be an easy thing. What are some of the logistics of putting together an event like this?
Anselmo: That’s a very interesting question. I think a lot of things are still in the works. We’re trying to work with numerous sponsors on it. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve got a lot of questions to be answered…and asked! But we do have commitments from a lot of amazing, over-the-top shit that I would have never fuckin’ figured. We’ve got directors like Coffin Joe from Brazil. As a matter of fact, I was just on tour with DOWN in Brazil and he came out to the show and we met. He brought me these priceless fuckin’ autographed posters and books and stuff like that. So he’s committed to coming down and he’s bringing some never-before-seen artwork that he’s done, certain crazy films that I’ve never even