IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris will take his new solo/side projectBRITISH LION out on the road this month, visiting …
On December 21, 2012, the metal community came together in an amazing way to celebrate the life of SUICIDE SILENCE singer Mitch Lucker and raise money for his daughter’s future education (with an unforgettable evening of collaborative performances between past/present SUICIDE SILENCE members and elite heavy vocalists that created a defining emotional event forever captured on video and audio.
“Suicide Silence – Ending Is The Beginning: The Mitch Lucker Memorial Show” will be released on February 18, 2014 in North America and March 17, 2014 In Europe as a CD/DVD digipack and CD/Blu-ray combo pack. The set was directed by Jeremy Schott of MentalSuplex Productions and Zafer Ulkucu of Backseat Conceptions.
Throughout the historic event, SUICIDE SILENCE band members played as guest vocalists covered their songs.
“Mitchell was born on October 20, 1984,” says Mitch‘s mother, Denise Haddad. “He came out literally screaming and it ended up being his legacy.”
“Mitchell was given that talent and that gift [of connecting with people through music] and even though he’s not here today, those gifts are gonna continue to be shared because those young teens are going to tell their own children. That’s how the legacy is gonna be able to be passed on.”
The official “Suicide Silence – Ending Is The Beginning: The Mitch Lucker Memorial Show” listing is as follows:
01. Destruction Of A Statue (with Jonny Davy)
02. Distorted Thought Of Addiction (with Greg Wilburn)
03. Ending Is The Beginning (with Brook Reeves)
04. Bludgeoned To Death (with Ricky Hoover)
05. Unanswered (with Phil Bozeman)
06. Girl Of Glass (with Myke Terry)
07. Price Of Beauty (with Danny Worsnop)
08. No Pity For A Coward (with Johnny Plague)
09. Disengage (with Cameron “Big Chocolate” Argon)
10. No Time To Bleed (with Burke VanRaalte)
11. Smoke (with Anthony Notarmaso)
12. Wake Up (with Tim Lambesis)
13. March To The Black Crown
14. Slaves To Substance (with Eddie Hermida)
15. OCD (with Austin Carlile)
16. Fuck Everything (with Chad Gray)
17. Die Young (with Robb Flynn)
18. Roots Bloody Roots (with Max Cavalera)
19. Engine #9 (with Mitch Lucker)
20. You Only Live Once (with Randy Blythe)
The “Unanswered” performance clip featuring Phil Bozeman can be seen below.
Mitch Lucker died November 1, 2012 after sustaining injuries in a motorcycle crash in Huntington Beach on Halloween night.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Lucker struck a light pole near the intersection of Main and 13th streets and was thrown from his 2013 Harley Davidson. The motorcycle continued sliding south on Main Street and struck a northbound 2007 Nissan Titan pickup.
SUICIDE SILENCE recently entered the studio to begin recording its new album with producer Steve Evetts (SEPULTURA, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, WARBRINGER). The group’s first CD with new vocalist Eddie Hermida (ex-ALL SHALL PERISH) will be released next summer via Nuclear Blast Entertainment, a division of Nuclear Blast Records formed by Nuclear Blast owner Markus Staiger and former Roadrunner A&R chief Monte Conner.